Total Pageviews

Monday 27 October 2014

148-wedding thank you

I have never had an idea of what I'd want my "fairy-tale wedding" to look like, but if I did, what's about to happen this Sunday when I marry the woman I love, is exactly what it would look like. Nothing just happens in wedding planning, and we want to thank all the people who have made it all come together for Angela and I.

2 of the most important people in our planning have been our sisters, Angela's sister Christine and my sister Ashley. Christine has organised Angela's hens weekend and a "henna night" that have made Angela feel like the Egyptian goddess she is, and Ashley, an event planner by trade has given us checklists & templates, and has given timing & supplier advice to make sure nothing needs to be sweated over on the day.

Our parents, Ross & Denise and Mary have provided every bit of support either of us have needed, but most importantly, they've all given us their undying love.

The bridal party, Angela's girls Christine, Lina, Sarah and Ashley have been by Angela's side to give her whatever she needs at the time, and my boys Adam, Lachlan, Adrian and Andrew have been...my boys. Nothing has been too much to ask for any of the bridal party.

Our flower girls, Charlie, Mia and Sienna and our page boys, AJ, Yohan, Oscar, Hugo, Peter and Kiaan - we are honored to have you guys as part of our day, and we can't wait to see you all walk down the aisle. One of the most important roles of the day is our Queen of the kids, Mary Kyrillos who will walk down the aisle with the page boys and flower girls.

Our Priest, Father Matthew has been guiding us through everything we need to know about getting married in the Coptic church - he has been friendly, flexible & helpful, and we are thankful that he will be the man in charge at our wedding ceremony.

The generosity of people who have offered their time or expertise has humbled Angela and I, things that would have been impossible are now reality and the day wouldn't have been half as spectacular without their help. Luke & Lauren from Turneraround photography, Brooke Khouri from Vesna Grasso florist, Ash Mansour - wedding car rental, Ash Turner - Gorgeous Hair & Make Up Studio, Emmanuel Kelly - entertainer, Lillian Botros, Christine Shaw, Janine Pensini & Donny Daboul, Marg and Ray Miles, Magdy Kyrillos, Andrew Botros, Mary Andrawis Megalaa, Germeine Albert & Castro Shehata, Yvette Francis, Ian Parker & Judy Jack.

If I have forgotten to thank anyone, please remember that my memory is like Dory from Finding Nemo these days - I have turned up to work twice on days off, so don't take any offence, as my Grandmother used to tell me "A slip of the tongue is no fault of the mind."

My future wife, Angela and I are so thankful and humbled by the lengths our family and friends are going to to ensure our wedding is going to be the most beautiful day everybody there has been a part of, and we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment