Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 June 2014

117-Get around it

Whatever your "it" is, get around it.

You're "it" might be a choir, a golf club, a debating team, or a sports club-I've been lucky enough to have 2 "it's" in my life, and this weekend I got around both of them. My first "it" is my family, and on Friday night, I went and stayed with my dad and my sister, and although we didn't do anything special-we ate ribs and watched the footy-it felt tremendous to be a part of such a no effort, supportive, good fun "it. "

My next "it" is sport, and I got around it when I played my 101st game for Pennant Hills in the Old Boys vs The World game. Someone who has become my 3rd "it" over the last 10 months and 5 days is my girlfriend Angela, who braved the gale force winds to get around the Demons. My recovery run after my 101st was the "tough bloke challenge"-a mud run with obstacles in Appin that I finished this morning, after which Angela and I got around a "David Jafflehoff" and a "Jafael Nadal" for lunch.

This weekend meant so much to me on so many levels, but they were my  "it's"-everybody has their own "it", so if it's been a while since you have, it's time to get around it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment