Total Pageviews

Monday 2 June 2014

111-Play in the mud puddles on Kokoda

"You're going to struggle, Fat"

That was the advice Jason Clarke, former Kokoda trekker and the man who will be giving a talk to potential 2015 trekkers at our Thornleigh BBQ gave me as we were discussing the reality of the track. When he followed it up with "I've got no doubt you'll make it, but it's going to be REALLY tough," my keeness for this trip went from "excited" to "pumped"

Jason and I climbed Mt Kilimanjaro together, with my little sister Ashley, so I take what Clarkey tells me seriously, which makes him the perfect person to give an honest idea of what this trip is going to be like. So even if you can't make the training session through the bush (leaving Ern Holmes oval at 10.30 on Sunday, 15th), come to 20 Handley Avenue at 1 o'clock to hear Jason's talk on what to expect if you decide to come on the trip.

Everyone has different reasons for wanting to do Kokoda, and different expectations on how hard the trip will be, but it is going to be a huge struggle. But friends who struggle together, stick together, so to hear how rewarding struggling together will be, come along to Thornleigh and have a beer and a snag with the crew who might help you push forward when all you want to do is stop.

Please email me at barnaby@barnabyhowarth.com.au and let me know if you'll be joining us.

The journey begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment