Total Pageviews

Monday 7 July 2014

118-Hayes & McVeigh wouldn't have been drafted without Howarth, according to Bolton

Sometimes focusing on the game plan and letting the result take care of itself is scary-steps you take in 1988 might not bear fruit until 2014, but after some comments from Sydney Swans premiership player Craig Bolton at the Pennant Hills Demons sportsmans lunch last week, that's exactly what happened.

I hope this blog doesn't make me sound like a tool who's full of himself, it's more because I was pretty chuffed and wanted to share it. My ex NSW/ACT RAMS teammate Bolton told the crowd that "if it wasn't for people like Barnaby at Penno pushing Lenny Hayes and Mark McVeigh to be better players when they were younger, they never would have been drafted. "

I wasn't at the lunch so I didn't hear the comments first hand, but when I heard them I felt like Martin Short in The Three Amigos talking to the children of Santa Pulco, I just sat back and went:

"Uuuhhh"

We quite often get put off doing things because we might not see a result straight away, but hearing those comments made me realise that the things we do TODAY are having an effect on the people around us whether we realise it or not. So if something comes along to try and knock you off your chosen path and tries to force you to abandon your game plan, stand up to it and keep moving forwards. It may take 26 years, but if you are 100% committed to your game plan, the result will fall your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment