Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 June 2014

116-More perfect memories in my 101st

When I retired after playing my 100th game of AFL for Pennant Hills, it was because it was such a perfect day and I didn't want to tarnish those memories, but I was told by the Turner brothers that whether I played 100 or 130, the memories I have of that day will never change, and it's in that vein that I'll be making another comeback this Saturday to play my 101st for Penno in the Old Boys vs The World game at Mike Kenny Oval in Cherrybrook.

All I've wanted in life is to live a regular, man on the street existence and be proud of it - I work for the man, I pay my taxes, I have a girlfriend who I love, and I couldn't ask for a better family...I am just a regular Joe Schmoe "living the dream." So when this Old Boys vs The World game for Pennant Hills was put on the radar and the names started filtering through of people playing, I couldn't imagine not being a part of it.

So between reserve grade and first grade in Cherrybrook this weekend, I can't wait to be one of the boys again, and to create some more perfect memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment