Total Pageviews

Monday 9 December 2013

Money over friends or friends over money?

When I started my business in motivational speaking in March this year, the world had just come out of the GFC, it was still feeling the effects of the Eurozone econonmic crisis and we were going through huge job losses in Australia, so when I wrote my mission statement, I had a decision to make:

Money over friends or friends over money?

I decided to settle on friends over money, but in the early days I thought I may have made the wrong choice - my friendships were fantastic, but I wasn't earning a dollar, but on Wednesday morning I'll be a guest on Eagle Waves Radio, Australia’s first and only radio station dedicated to empowering small business. Their aim is to "level the playing field by giving direct access to the very best business advice guaranteed to inspire practical and profitable solutions." Being invited to a radio program dedicated to helping small business means I must be doing something right in my approach to running a business.

I'll never be called a "ruthless" business operator, but I'll never be called "soft" or "stupid" either, I'm careful to watch my back, but I'm not going to sell my soul and put making a profit in front of keeping a friend.

Diabetic stroke survivor motivational speaking isn't a business model open to a lot of competition, so feel free to have a read of my mission statement in blog 89 (following), and on Wednesday morning at 10am, listen to "Biz Health" with Deb Carr on Eagle Waves Radio at: www.eaglewavesradio.com.au (hit the play button on the right)

The theme for my business model is the same as the theme of my motivational speech:

"Focus on the game plan and the result will take care of itself"

No comments:

Post a Comment