Total Pageviews

Monday 16 December 2013

Time to practice what I preach

Since I had my stroke in 2005, I've tried to live my life according to some advice one of my best footy coaches, Big Dan gave me...

"Focus on the game plan and the result will take care of itself."

Living my life by focusing on doing the small steps right and not distracting myself with the "big picture" has only brought me success so far, but I've realised that I've been moving away from that formula when it comes to my motivational speaking business, and I need to bring myself back to what I know works.

I feel really confident with who I am and where I'm going right now, so even though I may have plenty of limitations and innefficiencies (it's taken me 32 minutes to write this much of my blog), I'm going to keep running my business on my own. I'm well aware I could make a lot more money if I hired a copywriter, a book keeper and a social media co-ordinator, but making money is the "big picture" or the result of running a business, and it would go against what I've been doing successfully for the last 8 years.

So I'm going to keep plodding along and backing myself in, not so stubbornly that I won't be asking people for help, but I'm going to be practicing what I preach from here on in.

No comments:

Post a Comment