Total Pageviews

Friday 13 March 2015

179-Barnaby to help communities think differently in front of 1300 people

18 months ago, I spoke to Warakirri College, a community learning centre in Sydney, and afterwards, it was suggested I apply to speak at the "Communities in Control" conference - some of the speakers in 2014 were Tony Abbott, Julia Gillard and Michael Kirby, so I thought I was kidding myself even applying, but I gave it a crack, and I've just been confirmed as a speaker at the 2015 conference in May.

There will be 20 speakers talking on the theme of "Think differently: Ideas that change communities," and Christine Anu will be performing a musical...performance at Moonee Valley Racing Club in Melbourne on May 25 & 26, with tickets at $350 per person. I will be talking to about 1300 guests about how 2 community groups thinking differently have changed my life and given me a future that, despite it's uncertainties, I'm excited about.

My wife will be joining me for the trip to Melbourne, and we will be filming leg 4 of our round the world honeymoon documentary.

Sometimes in life if you're unsure how something is going to turn out, you just have to close your eyes, jump in and give it a crack - sometimes it won't pay off, but when it does, you feel so good about yourself that the risks feel well worth it.

To see more about Communities in Control 2015, go to: http://www.ourcommunity.com.au/cic2015

No comments:

Post a Comment