Total Pageviews

Monday 26 January 2015

168-Wife's compliment one of the nicest things I've ever heard

As we were listening to a sermon at Church yesterday, my Wife said one of the nicest things ever said to me.

The topic of the Sermon was that you can change people's lives by impacting your own backyard, not by feeling you have to change the world, I felt like it was a sermon that was talking directly to me, so I was pretty inspired as it was, then my wife lent over and whispered in my ear,

"You're changing people's lives."

I felt like Martin Short in the 3 Amigo's - I didn't know what to say, so I just went...

"Ugh."

Then in a bookstore near work a little while ago, I was browsing the biography section, and the importance of impacting your own world hit me like a brick in the face. There were shelves full of biographies - from a Bali Bombing survivor to an Australian autistic girl inspiring other autism sufferers by living life the way she wants, to the story on "The King of Vodka" - the story of Mr Smirnoff, to a lady who spoke out about wrongdoings by Mormon ministers. So many amazing stories by amazing people, but they were selling for as little as $3 a book, which made me realise that you don't need to change the entire world to change people's lives, just impacting your own little world can do it. Introduce yourself to your next door neighbor, say hello to a colleague at work you normally don't speak to, ask the guy you buy a packet of chewing gum off how his day is going - or better still, write a book, go back to church, or start a band. You're story might not be the biggest puddle in the pool to everybody, but it will be to somebody, so go and make that puddle bigger, and people WILL notice.  

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment