Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 December 2014

163-Riding to conquer cancer

When you celebrate the little things in life,  the big things seem so much more special, so next year, my wife and I will be riding in the Chris O'Brien Ride to Cure Cancer.

When our friends Mary and Ramy asked us to join their team for the 200 km ride in October, it took us a New York second to say yes. Today is Angela & my 1 year, 3 month and 16 day anniversary, we recently reminisced about the first time we held hands, and one of our favorite things to do is have a cup of tea at our local coffee shop - Angela and I love the small things in life, so a 2 day ride with a nights camping by the Hawkesbury River, and a requirement to raise $2500 each is a challenge so big I'm quivering with excitement.

The ride is on the 10th & 11th of October, then a couple of weeks later, Angela and I will be heading to Papua New Guinea to try and walk the Kokoda track. For both the ride and the trek, we will be trying with everything we have to reach the end, but we are just doing them for the same reason any other married couple would do it - to share a challenge with the person we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment