Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 September 2014

134-Barnaby Howarth live on Conversations on ABC radio

With a booking to be a live guest  on conversations with Richard Fidler on ABC radio on September 30, I feel like all the quotes I've lived by are all coming together, none more so than "sometimes s#*t just works out for you."

When I started my speaking business, there was the temptation to rush it through to start making money, but "if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well," so I sat back and waited until it was perfect before I started rolling it out. Now I feel like the rolling stone that gathers no moss - tomorrow I'm speaking at the launch of Diabetes NSW new marketing strategy launch, next month I'm speaking at my old High School, I'm on ABC radio soon, then next year I'm speaking for the Murray business Network in Echuca, and I've been asked if I can talk at a conference in Melbourne with 1300 guests. Then in November, I'll be "going to the chapel and we're, gonna get married."

The day after our wedding, we will be going on our honeymoon, and as Big Kev said "I'm excited"

My future wife, Angela and I will be "making hey while the sun shines." We've decided we want to see as much of the world as possible, and to fund our travels we will be delivering keynote speeches around the world. Rather than sit back and analyse the “why mes” and “what ifs” of life, we just want to get on with enjoying it. We will be speaking to audiences about how facing our struggles with a smile on our faces has helped us appreciate the simple things in life.

To listen to my interview with Richard Fidler live online, or to subscribe to the Conversations podcast, go to www.abc.net.au/local/sites/conversations or if you want to go old school, just listen to the radio - tune into 702 AM from 11am-12pm on Tuesday, September 30th.

It seems fitting to close with my favorite quote: "Rain falls on the just and the unjust alike, but there comes a time when you just have to get over it and go and play in the puddles."

No comments:

Post a Comment