Total Pageviews

Monday 15 September 2014

131 - Baptism as a Coptic Christian

Driving with my FIANCE to get baptised yesterday, Angela told me that in the Coptic church, a baptism is at least as significant as a wedding. I think I had underestimated how meaningful a step being taken in as a member of the church was, but after coming out of the baptismal waters, it hit me all at once.

In a beautiful, intimate ceremony, the differences in the appreciation of the significance of the situation was obvious - Angela's mother came up to me after I was baptised and told me I was looking at Father Matthew while he was reading a prayer with such reverence that I "looked like an Angel." While my nephew, Adam Junior, said to his Dad, after I came out of the waters in a white robe that had become see through, ""I can see Uncle Barns' undies."

If you were deeply into this blog and hanging to see where it ends, I apologise - I need to go and sent out some wedding invitations (bit excited just quietly!)


No comments:

Post a Comment