Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 February 2015

171-How my wife inspires me

My wife Angela told me last year that she doesn't want to be referred to as an inspiration, so I won't be doing that in this blog, I'm just going to tell you about the bike ride we just got back from around Centennial Park.

When our friends Mary and Ramy asked us to do the Ride to Conquer Cancer in October, her biggest concern was that she wasn't fit enough. Rather than decline the invitation to join though, she signed up, bought a new bike and got training.

On a training ride around centennial park this afternoon, we had finished our ride and were heading home and we came to a huge hill. Naturally I powered up leaving Ange eating dust, but she kept on peddling, battling her way towards the top, but halfway up she hopped off and started walking the bike. I thought that was fair enough as it was a solid hill, but what she did next is what inspired me (note I didn't call your an inspiration Ange?). she jumped back on her bike and made her way to the top, and as she rode past where I was waiting for her she said

"Come on, let's keep going. "

My wife inspired me because she wasn't sure she could do something, but she decided to give it a crack anyway. She may not be the fittest rider come October, she may not be the fastest or have the best bike, but she's doing it and she inspires me.

No comments:

Post a Comment