Total Pageviews

Saturday 25 January 2014

Playing in the puddles feels good

Tinkering with my motivational speech ahead of my first corporate booking in 2 weeks, I feel as though I'm practising what I'm preaching, which is a feeling I was worried I wouldn't find when I started my speaking business back in March.

Focusing on the game plan and letting the result take care of itself is how I've approached life since my stroke in 2005 which has brought me a long way - it allowed  me to devote myself 100% to my rehabilitation which resulted in me getting out of a wheelchair, gettimg my drivers licence back, graduating from university, having my autobiography published, coaching a football team, climbing Mt Kilimanjaro, making a football playing comeback, and launching a business in motivational speaking. Along the road I had doubts that this was the best way to have lived my life, but as I was reading through my speech after making a few changes last night, I felt like the circle was closed.


The voice in my head was saying "yeah...Yeah...YEAH." Putting my personal struggles aside, I really am living a priveledged  life, I get to write a blog about whatever the hell I want, whenever the hell I want, I have a family I love, a girlfrirnd I love, friends I love, I've just secured an author to write my biography, I've stood on top of a mountan with my sister and my mate,

I'm even reading a book I love.

Aiming for perfection is sure to lead to disappointment, but if you give 100% to whatever is in front of you at the time, if nothing else, you'll have fun playing in the puddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment