Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 July 2013

Support for a footballer

We try to make decisions in life based on what's good for us individunally, and if other people like what we've decided to do, that's just a bonus. When I made the decision to come back to playing footy, which I couldn't have made without Chicken (the person, not the food), I thought "This will be pretty cool, I like playing footy", but the support I've recieved has completely overwhelmed me.

My sister flew out of London a few hours ago, she arrives at 5am tomorrow, watches me play my 100th game for the Dees on Saturday, then flies back at 9pm that night. Last weekend, Pennant Hills Football Club President Peter Campbell kept our home ground open so that I could play my 99th, even though it would have been closed 99 999 times out of 100 000 due to the soaking from the Sydney rain it copped during the week.

I don't think this comeback is anything special, in fact it's kind of selfish coming back to play 4 games to reach my own personal milestone, but some of the messages of support I've recieved have blown my mind, and I wanted to share a few of them:

Fat your an absolute bloody legend
John Porter
Will there be a live feed available (for your 100th game) for those overseas fatman?
Nathan Ryan
So, the and lost. This story with my mate puts it all in perspective. http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-
@CraigNorenbergs
It's the whole Cheers thing. " some times you want to go where everybody knows your name". Penno just feels like home no matter how long since you've been.
Please make sure Chicken has the bar well stocked Saturday
Warwick Jackson
Penno is a great place Barnes, and it's people like you that make it a great place. I remember you cheering me on in my 150th mate. Sorry I can't be there for you in your 100th but we are all right behind you. Go Barnes.. "Every heart beats true "
Justin Kerley
I'd love to ramble on about how good it feels to be a footballer again, but I have to get some work done before training tonight...
 
------------------------------------

For information about Barnaby's motivational speaking, go to: http://www.barnabyhowarth.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment