Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 June 2013

Footy's back after an 8 year drought...

On Saturday I will play my first game of AFL for the Pennant Hills Demons in 8 years, and whatever the level above excitmemet is, that's what I am right now, but I'm surprised at what I'm most excited about for my return game.

Whether you think footy is a noble pursuit of human excellence, or just a bunch of boofheads running around chasing a bit of pigskin, there are elements about football that people from both sides of the fence can appreciate, and those are the elements I'm so excited about.

I'd love to take a hanger, kick a 70 metre barrel out of the guts, or kick a goal after the siren to win the game, but what I'm looking forward to the most is all the off-field normality. It's turning up to the game early and walking out to the middle with Cousy and Laino talking about Cousy's hammy, getting shorts and socks off Scarlo in the rooms, sitting down and pulling my guernsey over my head, getting my ankles strapped by the physio and throwing an offcut of ankle tape at the back of someone's head.

Then to cap off the day, the excitement continues when we go back to the club and have a beer after we've belted out the victory song.

It's a grand old flag...

------------------------------------

For information about Barnaby's motivational speaking, go to: http://www.barnabyhowarth.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment