Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 May 2013

Blog 44

The significance of today's blog (#44) is so huge for me, I'm simply using today's blog to invite people to the footy.

The origins of my love of #44 goes all the way back to circa 1994 when Dwayne "the D-Train" McClain was dominating for the Sydney Kings as the best one on one basketballer in the NBL, and at the same time I was playing my 150th game of Aussie Rules for the Pennant Hills juniors. As recognition of the achievement we were given a commemorative guernsey, and when my Dad asked me what number I wanted on the back I looked at him as if it was the dumbest question ever asked, and said "44" - and every game I've played for Pennant Hills since that day has been in number 44.

My love of the Pennant Hills Football Club and for Sydney Football in general goes a lot further than just the number 44 however - the friendships I formed in my time as a Demon have helped me bounce back from a stroke enough that I started writing a blog, which is about to reach it's 50th edition. To mark my 50th, I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than spending a day at the footy.

So on Saturday, May 25, come and watch the Pennant Hills Demons take on the Sydney Hills Eagles at Mike Kenny Oval, Cherrybrook, where I will be handing out my 50th edition blog (which will only be available at the game, it won't be published online.) After the game I will be delivering a speech back at the West Pennant Hills Sports Club about what friendships have meant to me over the years.

Details of the day can be found at: http://barnabyhowarth.com.au/events

So come and help #44 celebrate #50.

No comments:

Post a Comment