Total Pageviews

Wednesday 21 May 2014

109-Saturday's speech-what playing representative football has meant to me

I have done a lot of things in my life that I'm proud of, but one that stands out is that in my last game of AFL before having a stroke, I captained a Sydney AFL representative team to a 10 goal win over the Riverina AFL rep side with a torn artery in my brain stem, and this Saturday, I'll be giving a speech to the 2014 Sydney rep team about what playing rep footy has meant to me.

Playing footy has been the difference between life and death for me, so I was honoured when the Sydney AFL asked me to get involved in the 2014 rep program, and in my speech on Saturday, I will just be SHOWING this years squad what playing rep footy has meant to me, not TELLING them how honoured they should feel.

The speech will take place at the GWS Giants training HQ (1 Olympic blvd, Olympic Park) on Saturday, May 24 after the rep squads train at 10.30, and friends and family of anyone involved in the rep program and anybody from the Pennant Hills Demons family are invited to come down and watch the boys train then come inside for the address which will start at midday.

There will also be a message of congratulations and good luck from a former Australian test cricket opening batsman.

After the address, walk down the road to Skoda Stadium to see the Giants take on the Tigers.

No comments:

Post a Comment