Total Pageviews

Friday 2 August 2013

Life without mates list

A mate told me this week that "it's depressing being [my] friend," which might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.

It got me thinking about the value of good mates and how they help you keep your life in perspective, so I wanted to make a list of the things I wouldn't have been able to do without my mates around me.

So here is my life without mates list:

- Be alive
- Kick 2 goals in my 100th AFL game for Pennant Hills
- Get to the top of Mt Kilimanjaro
- Wear lederhosen to a pub in Anglesea
- Be a paid singer
- See the Crowded House "Farewell to the World" concert
- Go to New Zealand on a choir trip
- Have a camping & canoeing trip on the Northern Rivers
- Write my 74th blog

I love the life I'm living, and I wouldn't have been able to be living it without the mates I have around me, so coming up with this list of what I wouldn't have been able to do if they weren't there has been invaluable.

I love youse all.

No comments:

Post a Comment